Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mission Accomplished... also: O'Sullivan's Island and ON TRIAL update.

11.44 East Derby.

Backtracking to yesterday: eventually made it over to Rad Rob's skateboard and bike shop - got my light's (best set they had) and a helmet - a white pro-tec !! It's a skater's helmet - which is fine by me... especially since I am thinking about putting my old DogTown board (wes's big foot model) back together. Later in the evening, I inflated the tires on my bike (U.S. Made Raleigh 21 speed mountain bike) and took it for a ride. To get the courage up, I had 3 huge goblets of Fortissimo Red Jug Wine. What a sight to behold - an ape riding a bicycle for the first time since 1995... none the less - Mission Accomplished. I will soon be commuting to work via bicycle. Fuck Big Oil.

I actually did make it down to O'Sullivan's Island for a bit. I walked over to the lagoon to see if my little lost loon pal was there - and he wasn't. But the amount of litter in the lagoon area was heartbreaking... I felt bad that I was not going to make it there last evening - since I had way too much going on right here at home between yard work and getting my bike set up. Once I have my new job - I can go out 7 days a week for at least a couple of hours at a time...This will be crucial to the success of my river watch program - which is still a solo venture...

11.59
I got an email fom a concerned individual regarding JimNY who run's the ON TRIAL blog which is kinda based on this man's desire to see Leslie Van Houten be released from prison - which is in my opinion a very noble idea... Now, when thinking about the big picture - when it comes to the man most likely to climb up the water tower with an AK-47 or a high power rifle - JimNY gets my vote. I'm not saying that this is a good or bad thing - it's more just a statement...

For the most part, I really like ON TRIAL quite a bit... it's a good read - and best of all ?? He allows anyone to post comments - except for a gent named Frank M... who happens to be someone I have a deep respect and appreciation for. How do I know Frank M. is not allowed to post his comments?? Because JimNY says so if you read his past posts...

One thing I am very good at is tracking information down. If patient and persistant enough - I can find out pretty much anything I want on line... so, although I initially felt that JimNY was the Messiah, now I am starting to wonder. One thing I will give JimNY is that he is very very passionate of his work for Leslies release - and this is good - but sometimes it can lead to unintentional harm - which I fear this latest bid to get Debra Tate off Leslies case may have done. But fuck it man - I still like the idea very much which JimNY has presented...

The Col's official blog - for scholars only - is another topic worthy of discussion: I feel the Col should be doing stand up comedy instead of trying to be a film producer (Google strikes again...) and in retrospect - it's probably real good he did not let me become a team member since I would have something to say about everything he posts...

12.14
Today: back to the defense plant
Tonight: Malarchies Pub

Thurs thru Sat: defense plant

Sunday: relax then go out with the Defender's of ATWA rowing canoe and clean up the water's around O'Sullivan's Island.

Mon and Tues: ATWA related work each day: Mon will be wildlife related, Tues will be river cleau-up related...

I should be back here by Tues or Weds next week.

Enjoy.
Earth...

No comments: