Thursday, March 27, 2008

O'Sullivan's Island Dispatch

10.41 East Derby.

Backtracking to yesterday: Went out once again for some eco work in the name of A.T.W.A. and as usual had a very very productive event. I have made a very unusual alliance with a State Dept of Conservation Official - who takes his job very seriously. This most recent trip - the third one in three consecutive days - was strictly focusing on the river banks around O'Sulivan's Island - removing fishing line. I did not see the poor Loon who I saw the evening before who appeared to be in distress... perhaps it is ok... otherwise I pray it went easy... perhaps in it's sleep. It's always heart breaking because the wild-life do not realize that some of us are trying to help them. Perhaps it is better this way... because as a whole - people are very mean and cruel.

I was given an article yesterday which showed a picture of a Harbor Seal in the Twin Forks area of O'Sullivan's Island. In the article which accompanied it, there is mention of a pissed off fisherman - refering to this interesting animal as "that thing"... nice, huh ??Good thing I was not there... fisherman would have wound up in the bay as well...

20.48
Overall, I feel good about the work I am doing... but I also feel sad because it is still a complete solo venture. I still get no backing or support with the exception of the Adopt-a-Spot program and the City's Public Works Dept. All these so called enviro groups ?? They only cared about my donations. And what about the Defenders of A.T.W.A.?? Nothing but silence... so perhaps it's time I let them go as well.

20.53
On a side note: the main reason why I set up a site here on Blogspot was because I needed a profile here to become a team member of the Col's "Official" Blog - which obviously - I'm not welcomed there either. W.T.F.?? Is everyone that afraid of hearing the Truth ??

I should be back out fighting my one man war against those who pollute our earth and harm our wild-live on both Monday and Tuesday of next week.

-Earth...

No comments: