Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Goodbye HVA Today / O'Sullivan's Island Dispatch...

23.10 East Derby.
Well, it's official. I have resigned as a member of the Housatonic Valley Association due to very personal reasons including how they seem to have a very different adgenda than I was hoping they would when I first joined late last year. I guess I knew this already when I took Jenifer Gunther out for a tour of the area and I could sense that she really wasn't into it at all... The real upsetting thing was how this trip never got any mention on their website - due to I'm told because of too many thing's going on at once and not enough staff - which I could very easily accept - except that someone spent some time to make sure the annual golf tournement would be posted. Yeah - like that's gonna save animals and the enviroment - I don't think so - but Lynn has a business that she needs to run - and I must say that she does a good job at that. I was reviewing all the I.R.S / Tax info - and was most impressed.

23.15
So today I turned 43 and I spent a good portion of it doing land based work cleaning around and in the ponds of O'Sulivan's Island - which is always a good thing to do. The beavers will thank me I'm sure... speaking of the beavers - they are really going to town as far as taking down tree's go. I was told this past Sunday that they are doing so because they ( the beavers ) want to flood out the entire area to get rid of the worst invasive species of them all: Humans. Now how cool is that !! I love the beavers and applaud their effort if this is the intent.

Yesterday I kayaked down towards the evil defense factory in Stratford and checked thing's out - everything was quiet for the most part. Not too many sign's of life except for a Great Blue Heron, a couple of Hawks, maybe an Osprey, and a few buzzards and crows, loads of ducks... oh - and one of those silly black dicing ducks ( loon ) oh he was extra silly - he tried to fly off a former pier and went "plop" right into the river before being able to take off - the poor thing. He did not say anything to me.

The previous day ( Sunday ) I spent in the canoe cleaning inside the twin forks of O'Sullivan's Island while also fielding questions from passer-by... a very productive day indeed - felt real good that I am not the only one thinking as I am about the ecology butI am still the only one doing something about it...

23.25
That's about it for this week. Need to check up on A.C. and see what she is up too. I'll be back out doing my thing after Easter...

- Earth...

"Air Trees Water Animals"
"All The Way Alive"

No comments: