Monday, March 24, 2008

O'Sullivan's Island Dispatch

19.45 East Derby.
Got back early today - out only maybe 2.5 hours doing river clean-up strictly around O'Sullivan's Island and in the creek / pond area since it was high tide...

Enough time has gone by where I now know it was proper of me to resign from the H.V.A. folks - I actually sent them a couple of replies - to which there response is: NONE. So, at least I know where I stand once again...

Tonight I will call Jane. I think Jane is starting to like the idea of us spending time together - and I look so forwards to meeting Alyssa as well... we will have oodles of fun together - I can just feel it in the air. Today's trip was great. Got quite a bit of trash out of the river, way more than usual... and had to deal with the usual jerks - but they weren't too bad today... just stupid kids doing stupid thing's because they don't know the difference.

So, today I covered O'Sullivan's Island. Tomorrow I will cover south to - and possibly beyond the Merrrit Parkway Bridge. Wednesday - perhaps make it up to the Derby Shelton Dam... this way the entire area is complete.

19.52
For my 43rd birthday, Barefoot Debbie gave me a beautiful original poem called "The River in Spring. It completely sums up the way I feel and I find it most inspiring...

I should be bck up here on Wednesday evening.

All The Way Alive,
- Earth...

No comments: