Saturday, February 2, 2008

Housatonic River Dispatch

19.29 East Derby.
A cold evening once the sun went down while returning from a recon mission in my K-140 predator kayak. I went out strictly to view the river south of where I normally do my clean up work. There must have been an unreal high tide because I saw stuff I never see in area's way higher than usual. A floating dock with an ancient wooden skiff on it wound up about a good mile and a half up stream - how that happend I have no idea - because the skiff and dock are way way up as well - on top of a huge tree which toppled over. Absolutely amazing.

As expected - I saw loads of fishermen in their small boats congragating all in one area near Two Mile Island - but on the Sunnyside of Two Mile Island. Small but numerous pieces of ice were floating down the river - and man - the Naugatuck was impossible to navagate up stream on - so I abbandoned that idea in favor of taking the Housatonic directly home - which I just made it - the current was wild - and I was barely making any progress against the fast moving water - but I did make it. I was out for maybe 3.0 hours or so total time... which is very good considering it is February!!

19.33
Got a reply from Ace - which is a good thing. I will write the Col. soon and see if I can become a team member of the Official Tate-LaBianca Murders Blog... that would be very good for me.

I am going back out tomorrow with the Osprey 155 rowing canoe for a garbage run - which should be quite productive. I should be out again for about 3.0 hours or so...

As for the Super Bowl - I have no intrest - but I'll go with the Giant's and see what happens. I'm more interested in Super Tuesday's primary election's to see how John McCain does. For those who know me - my choice of John McCain for president might come as a shock. But there IS a reason I want him to win...

19.38
Tonight: watch Yes live May 2004 on 2 DVD's in the main studio. This should be a nice treat. The fact that the sound system can trigger earthquakes speaks for it self... I bought a 30 pack of Schafer for the next 3 to 4 days - this is the period of time 12 years ago my Leslie took her own life while I slept by her side - after getting quite stew'd during her birthday party - which was held in the studio. Friends came over, she cooked - ton's of alcohol - of which she had very little but made sure everybody else - including your's truly - was loaded with a "L"... The next person who lectures me on drinking needs to see how I've been dealing with this sad loss each and every day. She may be gone in person - but she is very much alive in spirit.

I thought quite a bit about the long article I wrote for the HVA's 2008 Current... I wish now I never did that. Jenifer's version bears very little resemblance to what I submitted although she did get one thing right: I am very mad at the people who pollute my river and harm my wildlife and develop the land - for any reason. I cannot be a part of the HVA anymore - it's too upsetting now that I know they are behind the developing of O'Sullivans Island with their fishing pier and more paved walkways throughout the twin forks... WHERE ARE THE ANIMALS SUPPOSED TO MOVE ??? DID ANYBODY BOTHER TO ASK THEM ??? DOES ANYBODY EVEN KNOW WHAT ANIMALS LIVE THERE?? DID ANYBODY BOTHER TO ASK ME SINCE I AM THE OFFICIAL CARETAKER PER THE CITY OF DERBY??

And people wonder why I'm pissed off and now lash out at fools who don't get it... it's because they leave me no options. I guess I joined the HVA because I thought they would act on thing's I report. I was wrong... so then what's the point ?? So they can take the credit of all the work I do?? I don't think so - homie don't play that... As for the CWRA - they never even sent me a thank you for the money I sent them. Fuck them too... This really IS a one man war I am fighting - and you know what - that's alright - because I know where I'm at... as opposed to dealing with squares...

19.52
Ok - It's party time.

All The Way Alive,
- earth...

No comments: