Tuesday, May 13, 2008

O'Sullivan's Island dispatch...

12.56 East Derby.

Went out late in the day yesterday to do my usual river clean up work in the name of A.T.W.A with the Osprey 155 Row "JeniferLynn" and once again had a productive mission once again. It's interesting how once I decided to sever my ties with the Housatonic Valley Assoc that they completly refuse to acknowledge my praise for the article which they did on me. I mean, come on !! But seriously - I guess since they figure that they won't see my $$$ anymore - than I am worthless to them - so be it.

Saw 2 beautiful Snowy Egrets last evening, also quite a few ducks and other sign's of river life. The tide was super high too - making it possible to go down streams I never even knew existed. I thought about staying out past 21.00 hrs but decided to head back home since the launch area was deserted. While leaving - a freight train was passing by. I stopped and got out of my jeep right by a very low trestle and watched it go by. I've always liked trains... I guess they attract a certain type of person as well.

13.03
The Raliegh M-50 23 speed Mountain Bike is officially on the road now. The Light's work real well - better than I could have ever hoped for... I will ride it a little bit each day just to get used to it - then I will start using it as much as possible...

13.05
Today: Take out the Dirigo 140 for a trip down the Mighty Housatonic and check out the river life along the way... should be a good trip today. I'll make a brief post about it here either tonight or tomorrow...

Weds thru Sat: Back to the defense plant...
Sunday: Visit my folks then take the canoe out later in the day.

Monday: OFF TO BROOKLYN !! Can't wait to see Beth, MaryAnn, and of course Dr. Freed...

Tuesday: Yet another kayaking trip

Weds thru Sat: Back once again at the defense plant...

Life is Beautiful.
- Earth...

No comments: