Saturday, December 12, 2009

Housatonic River Update

23.54 West Haven.

Today saw the first cold trip of the season, in fact - parts of the lagoon in O'Sullivan's Island were starting to freeze. For once, there was very little litter / debris in the river, but I still managed to haul out a huge sheet of white plastic which may or may not have been somebodies home. I saw numerous Great Blue Heron on both sides of the river from O'Sullivan's Island south to Two Mile Brook.

I only went to the southernmost portion of Two Mile Island before opting to turn around and head back.

As the sun started to set, the ice started to form all over the forward deck of my Walden Sports Tandem "The Dancing Ferret"...

As I've mentioned before, this boat is set up as a solo boat which goes with me everywhere via my jeep for quick launching at a moments notice.

00.02

Typically, the trips become slightly reduced this time of year - due to both weather concerns and amount of daylight available, although this starts to work in my favor once Christmas rolls in (the sun sets later, while the sun does not start to rise earlier until after New Year's).

I sent Theresa Gallagher an email thanking her for the certificate which the mayor of Shelton even signed. This mean much, it's the little thing's which always matter most.

As time goes on, the amount of recognition recieved is less and less while the target on my back seems to get bigger and bigger.

Time to enjoy some Rustico's Mellow Red Wine. It's my reward,and I've earned it today...

For the Air, Trees, Water, and Animals...
Earth xoxoxo

No comments: