Sunday, February 14, 2010

St Valentines Day...

18.50

west haven

Today was St. Valentines Day. The weather would have been perfect for kayaking but sometimes it's far more important to be with those we love.

This tends to be a quiet time of year for me. I think I got out 4 times in January, which is 4 more than I did in January of 2009 - due to the river being frozen solid.

I visited David and Cheryl with Wolf yesterday. Highlight of the trip to Oakville was when David showed me a full page ad in a news paper some kind soul took out to get people involved with his crusade. Now, I would never stoop to that level,it would be akin to begging for help. The way I see it is if nobody is willing to lend a hand by witnessing what I am doing - then fuck them - they become a waste of oxygen in my book, not worthy of even living...

But today I learned a valuable lesson. When you are a part of nature (not apart from nature) there is nothing that can take it away from you. Next year, if the weather is good again on St. Valentines Day, I will be right where I belong: in the elements, with the Air, Trees, Water, and Animals...

Give Love Each Day,
Earth xoxo

No comments: