Saturday, January 2, 2010

Housatonic / Naugatuck River update

22.30

West Haven

Unexpectedly, I got out for about 2 hours with 'the dancing ferret' on New Years Day. This kayak (Walden Sport Tandem set up solo) serves me well, and I am grateful that John Lee sold it to me a while back. It's purpose is to be my winter 'beater boat' meaning it goes with me everywhere (just like my Ocean Kayak sidekick does in the summer) on top of my old jeep.

The trip was pretty much more of a re-con trip - just checking thing's out - and seeing what work lies ahead. Surprisingly the litter situation was not too bad. I covered the area from the Derby Shelton dam on the Housatonic River down to O'Sullivan's Island and back up the Naugy towards Rt 34.

While paddling past the RR trestle going to Shelton, I saw a small group of kids walking the tracks. They were on me - and the splash of the object sent my way only confirmed this. Great, it's a new year and I'm getting hassled already. Later on, a small group along the Greenway on the Naugatuck River started calling out towards me.

I simply ignored them.

Fuck Kids.
Someday they will need me - and I'll remember what they have done to me.

22.45

I sometimes wonder why I even bother any more - caring...

The only reward I get is knowing that I am making a huge difference in the ecology.

This keeps me going, but there will come a time when I am broken in spirit, mind, and body and won't be able to continue my work.

I came close to posting on the NVOC group site today, but decided not to. I am not welcomed there, so I will sit on the sidelines and observe...

Speaking of groups, my friend Sunshine Sparrow has kicked me out of the ATWA Defenders group on myspace. Funny thing, being that I was the only one who ever contributed anything worthwhile to that group...

It is best that I work alone. While I am a believer in the ATWA (Air Trees Water Animals) movement, I am acting on my own accord and free will...

I have no contact with anybody of the 'connected' folks, and this is good.

22.51

With the first part of three regarding the 100 days of brutal cold weather behind me, and the days getting longer - my winter missions shall continue. But just how much remains to be seen - these next 60 days or so can be very brutal, although we do catch a couple of breaks in-between...

I shall continue posting here as need be regardless.
I will never be silenced because Silence = Death.

Give-Love-Each-Day,
Earth... xoxo

No comments: