Saturday, November 28, 2009

O'Sullivan's Island / Naugatuck River Update.

20.35 West Haven.

Man, it feels good to do one of these posts again, today I got out for about 4 hours or so, maybe a little bit longer - but I was able to achieve something I try to do 2x a year: Detail clean the river banks from Rt 34 back to where the Naugatuck River meets the mighty Housatonic....

As I always do on a major clean-up, I used my trusty Defenders of ATWA rowing canoe named JeniferLynn after the 2 leading ladies of the HVA (who I have nothing to do with anymore)...

It's an Old Town Osprey 155 - which is the perfect river clean up craft for large scale clean-ups...

20.40

As expected, not a single soul acknowledged my presence - maybe my reputation is catching on and people know to keep their distance. Lets face it, what I do is dirty, filthy, disgusting - and when somebody asks me how the fishing when it's clear that I am doing a clean-up - what am I supposed to say ??

So, anyhow - I covered all the river banks (and then some) on both sides of the Naugatuck River from Rt 34 back to the Housatonic - and filled to the brim 3 x 45 gal trash liners. That's about what I pulled out from the weeds earlier this year - I'm curious if it will be the same amount next year.

In the midst of all this maddness, I lost my trusty telescoping net - so back out tomorrow I go to see if I can find it - via kayak...

BUT I FOUND A SUPER COOL HAND CARVED WOODEN BUDDAH !!

I was surprised at the amount of spent shot gun shells I found, I stuck a couple in my hat for good measure...

Nothing else to report except that for now, the waterways around O'Sullivan's Island are immaculate...

I'll be back soon.

Give-Love-Each-Day,
Big George aka Earth xoxoxoxo

AIR TREES WATER ANIMALS
ALL THE WAY ALIVE

No comments: